Laser Lipo and Body Contouring:
In this video Dr. Wolf demonstrates Laser Lipo Plus,a revolutionary advance in liposculpture surgery which was introduced at the World Congress of Liposuction-Washington,D.C. October 2010. Dr. Wolf combines classic tumescent liposuction with laser lipolysis, the Blugerman cannula and the MTS skin tightening device to provide superior contouring and exceptional skin tightening.
If diet and exercise have not given you the sculpted body look you’ve been seeking, then liposuction may be the answer. Liposuction is not a weight loss solution. Instead it is a way to eliminate fat deposits in specific areas of the body. Once removed individual fat cells do not return. So if you eat right and exercise you will be able to maintain the sleeker profile you desire.
Utilizing a proven technique called Tumescent Liposuction, Dr. Wolf is able to perform the procedure with local anesthesia in his own office-based treatment facility. No hospitalization is required.
“No matter how many crunches I did, I couldn’t get rid of my love handles. Thanks to Dr. Wolf’s procedure, my love handles are gone.”
Click a selection below for more information
Put Dr. Wolf’s knowledge, skills and experience to work for you. Call now for a consultation. 937-839-4681
This procedure has now become the industry standard in cosmetic surgery for the removal of unwanted fatty tissue. It removes excess fat deposits and shapes the body to improve and smooth the appearance of irregular body shapes. This process is often referred to as body contouring. This result is achieved using a vacuum-suction cannula (hollow pen-like instrument) or an ultrasonic probe on persons with localized fat and not intended for weight loss.
When compared to traditional liposuction it is much safer, minimally invasive, allows for shorter recovery times and vastly improves skin tightening. Approved in October 2006 by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), lower level laser therapy has been shown to increase penetration as internal application of laser energy may be the most effective method of reducing unwanted fat deposits.
Studies also show that the external application of laser energies increase stimulate new collagen and boost tissue tightening and elasticity with low risk of thermal injury or side-effect. Liposuction is useful for contouring many different areas of the body such as abdomen, ankle areas, arms, breasts, buttocks, calves, cheeks, chin, hips, knees, lower back and thighs. It may also be used to treat gynecomastia (men with large breasts) and remove lipomas (fat tumors) but is generally used for cosmetic body contouring.
When performing liposuction your surgeon may approach the target areas from various directions to provide the best possible contour. After the unwanted fatty tissue is removed, small drainage tubes are inserted into these areas to remove blood and fluid as a clean-up process.
There are several different liposuction procedures:
• Tumescent liposuction is the most common type of liposuction and involves the injection of medicated solution into the areas where the unwanted fat will be removed. The fluid that is injected is a mixture of local anesthetic (lidocaine) which contracts the blood vessels (epinephrine), and an intravenous (IV) salt solution. The lidocaine assists in numbing the area during and after surgery, and is sometimes the only anesthesia needed. The epinephrine helps to reduce bruising, swelling and the loss of blood. Overall the IV solution makes the fat removal easier and is suctioned out along with the fat.
• Similar to tumescent liposuction is the Super-Wet Technique which actually requires much less fluid, takes less time but often requires sedation with an IV or general anesthesia.
• The newer of the three techniques is Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) with it’s inception in the U.S. in 1996. UAL involves the application of ultrasonic vibrations to melt and liquefy fat cells to be suctioned out. The procedure can be performed externally above the surface of the skin with a special emitter or internally below the surface of the skin with a small, heated cannula. Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is particularly effective in the removal of fat from dense, fiber-filled (fibrous) areas of the body such as the upper back or enlarged male breast tissue. When combined with tumescent liposuction, the overall process can be performed with improved efficiency.
Liposuction is appropriate for
• Cosmetic surgical applications to improve fat bulges,”love handles,” or “turkey neck”.
• To improve sexual function by reducing abnormal fat deposits on the inner thighs.
• Body contouring to shape irregularities that cannot be removed by diet and/or exercise.
Liposuction is not recommended for
• As a substitute for exercise and diet or to cure obesity. It can be used to remove fat from isolated areas at different points in time during a weight loss process.
• Treatment for cellulite.
• Areas of the body, such as the fat on the sides of the breasts, because the breast is a common site for cancer.
Alternatives to liposuction include
• tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
• removal of fatty tumors (lipomas)
• breast reduction (reduction mammaplasty)