10 Things You Might Not Know About BOTOX ®
Botox®, a generic form of Botulinum toxin, has been around for almost 15 years as an aesthetic treatment. Prior to that time, it was used for eye spasms. Now it’s used for migraines and sweat reduction in addition to relaxing muscles that make wrinkles. There’s a lot more than meets the eye about Botox®, however, and here are some of them!
- Botox® is tops among anti-aging treatments
Botox® and the other forms of Botulinum toxin such as Xeomin and Dysport®, is the #1 non-surgical aesthetic treatment for the past 15 years, with over 4 million procedures performed.
- Botox® was discovered by accident
Strabismus patients of Dr. Jean Carruthers, began commenting that their wrinkles were lessened. Soon afterwards, doctors began using Botox® off label to treat wrinkles.
- Botox® has been studied extensively
There are few products tested as thoroughly as Botulinum toxin.
- Botox® is FDA approved for only three purposes
Botox® has been FDA approved only for wrinkles between the brows and around the eyes and to lessen sweating under the armpits. However, it’s also used “off-label” for scalp-sweating, non-surgical nose shape correction, as a way to fix asymmetry of the brows, forehead wrinkling, pore reduction and excessive sweating on the feet and hands. It’s been identified as an excellent way to “shut off” migraines and, when injected into the bladder muscles, helps decrease overactive bladder symptoms.
- Men are mad for Botox®
Casually called “Brotox” when injected in men, Botox® and other brands of Botulinum toxin has increased in use for men of all ages who want to look younger.
- It’s all about the hand that holds the syringe
A satisfactory result and avoidance of a phenomenon called “eye drop,” in which the eyelids droop, is what consumers are seeking. Be sure you have a qualified and experienced injector for the best results.
- Botulinum toxin doesn’t kick in immediately
It takes 3-7 days for results to appear and, once it does, the results last up to 7 months. Each time you’re injected, the results last a bit longer.
- Botox® can be prevent future wrinkles
Does this mean you should start Botox® injections in your 20s? No. But it does mean that micro-injections of Botox® can avoid expression lines as you grow older.
- Less is more
Nobody wants a frozen face. Injecting “just enough” is the goal of my Dayton Botox® treatments! Experience matters!
10. Experience Matters
My Dayton Botox® patients come to me for the most experienced injections in the Dayton area. I have years of experience injecting Botox® and other fillers.
Ask A Question
- Understanding Facelift vs. Neck Lift – Which Do You Need?
- Emsculpt in Dayton OH: Why we don’t offer Emsculpt and what you should know
- The Dangers of DIY “Medical” Cosmetic Lasers
- Tired of seeing your “Zoom Face” all day? Here are some helpful tips for looking your best in video meetings!
- The Thread Lift Nonsurgical Face Lift