Breast Cancer Awareness Month – October 2017
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Although I don’t perform breast reconstruction surgery, it’s important to us that our patients up to date on the facts about breast cancer, so that they can enjoy better health!
Check out these facts, discovered by recent studies:
Linked to higher risk of breast cancer:
- A family history of prostate cancer
- Dense breast tissue
- High fatty food consumptions in teens
Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Swelling of all or part of a breast
- Swelling in the lymph glands under the arms
- Skin irritation or dimpling in the breast
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction
- Nipple discharge
Need instructions in breast self-examination?
National Breast Cancer Foundation Breast Self-Exam
Looking for breast cancer awareness events in Dayton?
Click this link to see breast cancer awareness events in Dayton!